Wednesday 16 December 2009

Me, me, me

After some advice from a friend (thanks, Toke!), I have changed my alien design slightly:



Note how the top of the neck is now thicker, and the angle of the head has changed. This makes the neck look more attached, and causes the brain to be stuck to the back of the neck (why I left it hanging out in the first place is anyone's guess!). I also made some of the babies in the eggs a lot more obvious, hopefully you can tell.
I also received a critique on an older piece of art yesterday (thank you to my DA friends for this!), and I thought I should put up the revised version of my painting here:



The right arm was far to short before... Can't believe I didn't notice it! Just goes to show, there's always more to learn! I usually feel defeated or have a rebellious attitude when somebody recommends I go back and improve my work (I believe it's natural), but I'm thoroughly pleased I did :) Anyway, I did do more than that today, but unfortunately, it's super duper, top secret, need to know stuff that I can't expose until the 26th, which is a shame, because it's coming along well!

I also found out that I've managed to nab an interview with one of the producers of 'Wallace and Gromit: Curse of the Were-Rabbit' for my dissertation! How cool is that? I just wish I knew what to ask them!

On a more serious note, this week, important climate change talks are happening in Copenhagen. if these talks fail, this could result in serious ramifications for us and our planet. I urge whoever might be reading this to follow this link and sign the petition. I know it's not a lot, but every little helps :)
http://www.avaaz.org/en/save_copenhagen/97.php?cl_tta_sign=320030e984fb89cf9f3acdb66e39ea70
(Thanks to Kat Nicholson for the link)

No comments:

Post a Comment