Tuesday 8 December 2009

Electronic Demise









My idea is that this alien, some kind of 'space worm', is carrying her eggs to the hatching grounds, when tragedy strikes, and she crashes to Earth. Her and her eggs are killed, and bring a disturbing, morbid atmosphere to the environment. The alien will be modelled in CG, and will be composited onto a high definition still to create a photo realistic image. My main inspirations were sea creatures, and the work of H.R. Giger.

And here is my submission for the Lady Gaga 'Monster Ball' tour. I couldn't include sound because of copyright, but if you look here you should be able to find the version with sound quite easily:
http://www.showstudio.com/project/ladygagasubmit/gallery
I highly recommend you find the version with sound, it's much better. If not, watch while listening to 'Bad Romance' to get some of the effect.



It turned out ok... Not as well as I'd have hoped, but it's not a professional contest or anything, so that's fine. If you're confused and it seems incoherent, then I achieved what I set out to do.

Lastly, animators, check this out!:
http://vimeo.com/user1609528

No comments:

Post a Comment