Thursday 21 January 2010

Choo Choo!

I like making characters :D



Because I picked feature art, I was able to make proper hair! Awesome huh? Needs a bit of work but I must admit, maya had me impressed! THE most important thing to me about making characters is keeping their 'charm'. I don't know what it is exactly, but it's just a little something they all have in my drawings, but it's hard to keep it in the CG model... Anyway, it's all in the face and eyes, which is where I like to spend most of my time. She's in the 'dead' stage at the moment, her eyes are greyed and her skin isn't coloured yet so it's hard to tell what's gonna happen, but I have a feeling it will all come together!
I wanted her to have a stylised look (something like 'Bolt' or 'Cloudy'). In fact, I managed to get ahold of the source code for Disney's proprietary texturing software... But it's unuseable!!!! Hurry up programmers!



Some Z brush caps for the geeks to scrutinise. I've been sculpting for 1 day, so don't be too harsh, but advice would be welcome :)
(before you point out the breasts... She's wearing a corset duh!)

So yeah, it's 9:30PM, and I refuse to do more work today...

1 comment:

  1. like it, maybe shorten her face a bit and part her eyes further, looking a bit like an alien atm

    ReplyDelete