Sunday 1 November 2009

Major Project: Character

So... This is how I want my major project to work. I'm going for an old-fashioned painterly kind of look. My character and environment are going to work together and hopefully I will end up with some very nice still images and visual themes. Since my motivation has always been to work in features, I felt that by mixing the two projects together I could develop and showcase my lighting and compositional skills.



Anyway, whilst I was in the process of designing my projects, I started to wonder... Is there such a thing as a 'perfect' idea or design? Is it better to pull off an amazing concept, or create an amazing piece from a rushed idea? In the grand scheme of things, my ideas at this time weren't that important. I noticed a lot of my peers spending days thinking over ideas and wasting valuable 'doing' time by perfecting their concepts and convincing themselves how terrible their ideas were. I just had a single image in my head, so I drew it out (albeit very crudely) and went from there.

                                      

Not the best works of art ever... But the colour information was quite useful... Now, less explaining, more doing!

'Mickey Mouse popped out of my mind onto a drawing pad 20 years ago on a train ride from Manhattan to Hollywood at a time when business fortunes of my brother Roy and myself were at lowest ebb and disaster seemed right around the corner'
-Walt Disney

No comments:

Post a Comment