Tuesday 20 July 2010

Full Circle

As I probably won't have time to update this blog for a while, I thought I'd give you a quick update on my current situation. Sorry about the lack of a decent images... And the words. Anyone who has seen/spoken to me in the last few days can feel free to scroll to the bottom, where there are pictures :)

So I graduated on Friday. I already knew I had somehow achieved the small miracle that is a first class honours, so that was no surprise. However, when I sat down to graduate, I was told I had also gotten the 'BA Computer Animation Prize'. I was very pleased and grateful, despite having no idea whatsoever what it meant. It was very special, and the Dean congratulated me on getting it! I have no idea who decided I should have got it, but if you're reading, I'd like to say huge thanks to you, and a massive congratulations to everyone else who graduated! There's nothing better than having all your hard work rewarded :D

If that wasn't good news enough, I also started my first job at an animation studio on Monday!
I am working at Dinamo productions (www.dinamo.co.uk - check it). At the moment, I'm working in texturing/lighting, but I'm looking forward to anything they throw at me :) Again, pretty damn grateful to get this!

And then this happened...
(don't worry, no spoilers here)



AMAZING film. If you haven't seen it yet, I have two words for you:
'THE CLAWWWWWWW!' XD

It's weird. When I first saw Toy Story, I immediately decided to take up a career in Computer Animation (yes, I remember the exact moment), and on the day the final film was released, I achieved that goal. As one of my friends observed, it was clearly 'destiny'.
With all this considered, plus the fact I turn 21 on Sunday, I'd say life is pretty good right now :)


Anyway, here's some crude W.I.Ps of my upcoming personal work. Who knows when I'll next have time to upload them here. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment